In collecting personal information the Focaz Group will comply with the requirements set out in the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2001.
The Focaz Group is committed to ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and security of all information.
Collection of information
In the course of its business, the Focaz Group will collect information from students, potential students, and other clients either electronically or in hard copy format; including information that personally identifies individual people.
The Focaz Group will record various communications between the organisation and individuals, clients and associated organisations.
We will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means that is necessary for the functions of the Focaz Group.
In addition, if you open an account, we may collect contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
We may also collect additional information from or about you in other ways, such as through contact with our customer support team, and results when you respond to a survey.
Use of the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Customise, measure, and improve the content, layout, and operation of our websites and applications;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences and transaction history;
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
The Focaz Group wants to ensure that you can purchase your products with complete confidence online. We have taken every possible measure to give you absolute security and confidence in your dealings with us. Our online transaction system uses Secure Socket Layer Technology (SSL) to ensure your online shopping experience is safe, sound and secure at all times. Our online ordering system is protected with the latest SSL 128-bit Encryption to ensure a safe environment to select and buy online materials. SSL locks all your information passed from you to the Focaz Group in an encrypted envelope. This makes it almost impossible to be intercepted by an unauthorized party, as long as your browser and local network support the use of encrypted data systems.
SSL is the system that is used by all reputable e-commerce sites. The Industry standard for encryption technology, SSL, is compatible with most internet browsers. If you are concerned about using your credit cards online, you can contact us for more information and assistance.
We may use your information to contact you for marketing purposes, including but not limited to new products, services, promotions, via email, telephone, and printed material.
If you do not wish to receive any marketing communications from us, you may choose to opt out as follows;
- If you receive email marketing from us you may select “unsubscribe” to remove your email address from our database;
- Email the Focaz Group through our contact page and advise us that you do not wish to receive any marketing material from us, or;
- Phone, 0407 673 492 and advise one of our customer service
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The Focaz Group will not use or disclose personal or sensitive information for any purpose other than what it was collected for unless the relevant person has provided written consent to use or disclose the information in circumstances that are different to those for which it was collected. The circumstances where there may be an exception to this are:
- Where the use or disclosure of this information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order;
- The individual would reasonably expect the Focaz Group to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose;
- A permitted general situation exists in relation to the use or disclosure of the information by the Focaz Group;
- A permitted health situation exists in relation to the use or disclosure of the information by the Focaz Group;
- The Focaz Group reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by or on behalf of, an enforcement body. Where the Focaz Group uses an individual’s personal information under this clause, the Focaz Group must obtain consent in writing to release, use or disclose the personal information.
Where the individual chooses to maintain anonymity or use a pseudonym and this is not detrimental to their engagement with the Focaz Group and it does not inhibit the Focaz Group’s adherence to legislative compliance, the Focaz Group will act upon the individual’s request as is reasonable in relation to the requested and particular matter.
The Focaz Group are very careful to ensure that material presented on our website is accurate and current. However we do not warrant or guarantee, and take no responsibility for, any errors, omissions, misleading information, viruses or other contaminants contained in, linked to, or distributed through this website. The Focaz Group does not accept liability for:
- any direct or indirect damage arising from accessing, using or downloading any material provided on or via this website;
- any direct or indirect damage arising from any person relying on information, products or services provided on or via this website;
- any direct or indirect damage or loss incurred by accessing sites linked to this website;
- any direct or indirect damage or loss incurred by any person using, or being unable to use, this website.
All people visiting this website take full responsibility for doing so. This website is maintained by the Focaz Group and we reserve the right to make updates and changes to any part of the website at any time without giving prior notice.